Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Smog over Los Angeles

I was flying over Los Angeles in mid September 2012 and my flight was about to land in 15 minutes. I had a clear view of Los Angeles downtown straight through the window of my flight and i saw a thick brownish haze covering the entire downtown of Los Angeles. I was surprised since i had never seen a scene like that before and i exclaimed to my co-passenger, what the heck is that! and he said that's the effect of pollution, the crazy smog of Los Angeles. At that moment i realized where all the smoke we blow out through the countless cars we drive finally end up. I was lucky to have my Nikon D5000 and the 200mm lens with me. So i clicked a few picks of the smog looming over LA downtown. It is appalling what we have done to this planet!

No comments:

Post a Comment